THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING AUTHOR CHERYL KAYE TARDIF

Mystery, suspense, thrillers, paranormal, horror & YA by "Cheryl Kaye Tardif" & romance by "Cherish D'Angelo". Cheryl is represented by Trident Media Group in NY.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day 23 of VBT: I answer questions on writing from Eileen Bell's mailbag

Today's 'Touring the World' virtual book tour stop is at EileenBell.com. Eileen is a friend of mine and a very talented writer, and I was honored when she decided to be one of my hosts on this tour. This past week Eileen has been collecting questions from visitors via email, and I had a lot of fun answering them. Today's post is perfect for anyone who is looking for tips on writing or just general information on what it's like to be a writer.

FROM EILEEN'S MAILBAG:

From Roxanne:
You work across a lot of different genres – and mediums - screenplays, comedy, mystery. I find myself attracted to a lot of genres as well, but feel like I should finish my book before I try my hand at plays, for example. Do you have any advice for a novice writer who is interested in many different forms? (as someone who seems to work in many formats herself?) Thanks :)

Roxanne, thank you for your question. First, regarding genres, it has become more acceptable to write cross-over works, such as a combination of suspense, horror and romance. As writers we...

Read more at EileenBell.com.

3 comments:

C. M. Hunt said...

Cheryl,

Thank you for answering our questions on Eileen's website. Your answer to mine was great, and I learnt a lot from your other answers as well.

Congratulations on all your success thus far, and may you have much more in the future.

Christina

Cheryl Kaye Tardif, author of Whale Song said...

Hi Christina:

You are very welcome, and I am glad I could help.

One of my goals is to help other authors when possible. So thank you for letting me know I am doing that.

All the best!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Thaks so much Cheryl for taking time to answer my question. I particularly resenate with your last bit of advice "The bottom line is that readers don’t care who publishes your book. They want a good read. So give them that and then promote the heck out of it online and via consignments in bookstores (for self-published authors) and you’ll grow a fan base. Word of mouth is still the best way to move a book off a shelf or out of a box!" thanks for being a beacon out there!! Billie